If you’re searching for “paver sealing near me,” rest assured that this service is an excellent investment in your property! Paver cleaning and sealing ensures a welcoming space that’s ready for relaxing or entertaining. Sealing is also especially helpful, keeping pavers damage-free and looking their best.
For homeowners still not convinced that paver sealing is necessary, you might consider its pros and cons. It’s also helpful to note some tips on the best sealing methods and schedule for outdoor pavers. In turn, you can make the right decision on paver cleaning and sealing for your property. Visit our website for more information at https://sarasotapavercleaningandsealing.com/.
First, consider the advantages of paver cleaning and sealing before you call around about “paver sealing near me.” You can then decide if the pros outweigh any cons, and if these services are worth their cost!
- Airborne soot, air pollution residues, pool chlorine, and other debris break down pavers, risking premature damage. Regular cleaning can then prolong the life of brick, clay, concrete, flagstone, and other such materials.
- A garden hose is typically too weak to remove dirt and grime that’s ground into paver pits and pores. Pressure washing removes dirt that’s tough to reach, ensuring a thorough clean.
- Regular paver cleaning removes pollen, dust, mold, air pollution residues, and other irritants. Consequently, you’ll enjoy improved air quality when relaxing on your patio or pool deck! This is especially important for those already suffering with allergies, asthma, and other sensitivities.
- Dust, grass clippings, mold, and similar debris fade or even outright stain outdoor pavers! Consequently, regular cleaning ensures pavers always look their best while preventing premature fading.
- Mold and dust are especially slippery under foot! Pressure washing can then mean safer outdoor surfaces.
- Sealing supplies a special barrier between pavers and harsh sunlight, heavy rain, chemicals, and the like. In turn, pavers tend to last longer and look better when you invest in sealing.
- Also, sealant keeps pavers from absorbing moisture that can then freeze and expand once cold weather sets in. This expansion puts pressure on pavers, risking cracking, spalling, and other damage.
- Professional sealants also block weed growth between pavers. Weeds and grass are not just unsightly, but they put pressure on pavers, risking cracks and other damage. Sealing then also helps prolong the lifespan of your outdoor pavers!
There are very few downsides to regular paver sealing! One consideration, however, is the price. When searching for “paver sealing near me,” you might note that professional services run a few hundred dollars for the average patio or pool deck. Consequently, homeowners might avoid scheduling this service due to its cost alone.
However, remember that cleaning and sealing extends the lifespan of pavers! Investing in regular sealing can then mean having to replace pavers less often over the years. In turn, you might actually save money on maintaining your outdoor spaces when you invest in regular paver cleaning and sealing.
Also, note that some sealants might contaminate nearby plants and grass. To avoid this risk, have your sealant applied by a professional. He or she is typically more experienced in controlling sealant application and protecting nearby vegetation. Also, when searching for “paver sealing near me,” ask about water-based or natural sealants that don’t harm plants.
Most contractors recommend sealing pavers every 3 to 5 years. However, it’s vital that you adjust this schedule according to your property’s needs. For example, layers of airborne sand, silt, and other gritty debris often cover properties in the tropics!
Consequently, a homeowner should adjust their paver cleaning and sealing schedule according to area weather conditions and other such factors. Consider what else might affect your property so that you should increase your paver cleaning schedule:
- Smoke and ash from cigarettes or outdoor cookers and fire features
- Soot and other residues from nearby roadways, airports, or marinas
- Air pollution residues from area factories or production facilities
- Construction projects often “kick up” dust and debris that then settle on nearby properties
- High winds, heavy rain, and strong sunlight can damage patio pavers easily
- A pet’s sharp claws and nails might etch and scratch brick, clay, and other paver materials
If your property is at risk of premature paver damage for these or any other reason, consider annual sealing. This service ensures those pavers stay protected and looking their best throughout the years!
Some paver sealers offer a high gloss, “wet” look that many homeowners prefer. However, high-gloss sealers might lack traction, creating a slick and slippery surface. These sealers are fine for retaining walls and other such spots.
However, for high-traffic areas including patios and pool decks, consider a non-slip additive. These additives increase traction over those pavers, for a safer surface. Additionally, a paver cleaning and sealing contractor can offer added suggestions for ensuring a safe paver surface. When searching for “paver sealing near me,” ask if he or she can also note the best sealers for your pavers, ensuring they look their best and last as long as possible.